We all age, it’s some how inevitable, and if you don’t age, then it probably means stuck in another dimension where time nor gravity exists… if can type “Help me, I’m stuck in another dimension where I don’t age” please do it so we can figure out how to get you it. If I have to age, so do you.
- You see your niece/nephew/kid you used to babysit post a nostalgic “Remember When” post that shows all the toys, shows, and songs of the 90′s that were “Sooooooooo long ago”. You feel like punching them.
- Toys from YOUR childhood now fall into the ‘vintage’ and ‘retro’ category and are worth big bucks.
- Your “It’s Friday and payday” song and dance are no longer done in anticipation of hanging out with your BFF at the local hot spots; instead it’s in anticipation of sleeping in, slothing, and catching up on bills and grocery shopping.
- When a TV show refers to a person of 53 as “Sweet old grandpa”, you protest “He’s NOT old!” when you know that ten years ago you wouldn’t arch a brow.
- You catch yourself thinking that today’s music has no purpose and sounds like trash.
- It’s creepy when you see people your age get excited to watch shows or films that showcase teenage characters.
- Your dream of being a rock star isn’t shot because you lack talent… you just prefer being rooted and getting a full nights sleep over stardom.
- When the sales person asks what kind of shoes you’re looking for, your first response is, “Something comfortable.”
- When you see a cop you don’t bat an eye and you proceed as normal.
- Getting carded puts a skip into your step for the rest of the week.
It’s also a sign that you’re getting old when you write a post about signs you’re getting old. My “I wanna rock and roll all niiiiight” has been replaced with “I want pancakes!”. My stiletto heels have been swapped for flowery 2″ opened toed sandals. My stretch mini dress has been replaced with a flowing sun dress and doing my hair went from taking an hour to taking as long as it takes to sweep back my bangs or putting it in a quick French twist. When asked if I want to do anything that requires leaving my home… my first thought is always ‘traffic’ and if I’ll be home in time to get a full nights sleep.